Thursday, December 30, 2010

Details in the surface...

The Glazed Surface: Cone Ten Glazes 

In Surface we spent the semester testing and learning about traditional cone ten glazes. To practice these new techniques we slip casted a simple form that would allow us to use it as a blank canvas. Here are some photos of my final results!
Shino with Red Iron Oxide painting
 Tea Dust with tulip wax resist carving
Oribe with black underglaze painting

 Eggshell, with Shino and Temmoku on top!
 Cobalt decoration paintings of Purple Loostrife
 Celadon with carved greek inspired vegetal forms.

Throughout the course of this class, I became more and more confident with my understanding of glazing and I started to see more and more possibilities open for exploration. I look forward to using this knowledge in future work!

No comments:

Post a Comment